When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 - 1972 5 speed demonstrator

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Here is one I have been looking for since I found out they existed. Some detective work and a little luck and I tracked this one down to complete my demonstrator collection. Here is some always excellent info from Metacortex (Thanks!!!:(

The GT-100 5-speed derailleur demonstrator (AB117) was introduced in the Feb. '70 Reporter on p.8 in an article titled "GT-100 Derailleur Demonstrator Helps Sell Suburbans". It was discontinued in the 1972 News Flash #26 dated 11/15/72.

They all came with the GT-100 derailleur as well as a Model J 14-32T freewheel, which should have a spin-on outer chainguard for '70-'71 and a snap ring retained guard for '72. Because of the wide-range freewheel they used the larger 8.75" 8 slot spoke protector. They used the same frame as the 10-speed units, and since the serial numbers were stamped before the frames were welded up, the serial can pre-date the build by up to a year or more.

040 (Medium).JPG

043 (Medium).JPG

Back