When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dunelt Before and After

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jimbo53

I live for the CABE
Just finished up a cosmetic restoration on a 23” 1970 Dunelt. This is the first one I’ve had a chance to buy and it was a barn find. Not a fan of the Brooks mattress style seats so replaced it with a B63. A few adjustments and take it out for a ride tomorrow!

0FA3F706-F7ED-4BE7-9F32-FC6F5DC2458C.jpeg

11054857-4A2F-4FB9-98DD-765412C6F162.jpeg

3D2C684E-D7C1-45C3-9257-C1483455F79E.jpeg

AD5E30CF-FB56-4371-AB94-4A441D3AA05D.jpeg

Nice job! @jimbo53

BTW...does the Dealer sticker say "Mineola Bicycle Shop" by any chance? That's near me here on Long Island. They're still there and doing great!!

Last edited:
I think it did, HARPO! Normally, I keep shop stickers on the bike, but this was a big vinyl sticker that completely covered up the name on the seat tube. Using a hairdryer to heat it up, it peeled off without damaging if the underlying decal.

I think it did, HARPO! Normally, I keep shop stickers on the bike, but this was a big vinyl sticker that completely covered up the name on the seat tube. Using a hairdryer to heat it up, it peeled off without damaging if the underlying decal.

Yes, they went a little Crazy with their decals!! :mad: And I've done the same thing to remove them...hair dryer, and they come off fairly easy!
Fred

What kind of condition is that original saddle in? The '55 Royal Enfield I'm currently working on appears to use the same, or damn close, saddle and unfortunately that's the one part I'm not going to be able to refurbish.

What kind of condition is that original saddle in? The '55 Royal Enfield I'm currently working on appears to use the same, or damn close, saddle and unfortunately that's the one part I'm not going to be able to refurbish.
It's in really pretty good shape. If my butt was partial to those Brooks mattress saddles, I'd keep it on the bike, but a broken in B72 is more to my liking. If you're interested in it, PM me and I'll send some pics and we can discuss.

It's in really pretty good shape. If my butt was partial to those Brooks mattress saddles, I'd keep it on the bike, but a broken in B72 is more to my liking. If you're interested in it, PM me and I'll send some pics and we can discuss.
Likewise, here. If I was keeping the bike, it'd go Brooks like the rest of my IGH bikes. However, this bike is a frame that too small for me, so it's being restored as trade bait for something that'll fit. Will drop you a note in the next day or two.

Back