When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dunelt Before and After

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@jimbo53 you did an excellent job on this! Literally saved this bike. Only thing I do different is use brass bristle brush instead of steel wool so I don’t have to worry about being too aggressive. I have heard about BLO but have not tried. One downside as I understand it’s very flammable and eventually dries out so you have to reapply. I guess that’s not a big deal just have to be careful with rags. The results look great. I may have to do this on my loop frame Tourist that is in the queue

View attachment 1305149
Beautiful bike! I so love these rod brake DL-1's. I found a similar ladies/mens bike set from the original owners. They bought them together and rode them a lot. They said they were happy they were going to someone that appreciates them. I did use a brass brush on the wheels as not to scratch the chrome, but lubricating the steel wool with WD-40 and being careful cleans the surface dirt and crud nicely. True about the BLO. After using I let the rags dry outside and throw away in an outside garbage can. I've done several bikes like this and the finish ages into a nice satin sheen and seems to rejuvinate the old paint while keeping it's well earned patina.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back