When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Holdsworth Professional

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Amanda Reckonwith

Look Ma, No Hands!
...a recent restoration: Everything you could possibly want to know is here.

DSCF5942.JPG
DSCF5944.JPG
DSCF5945.JPG
DSCF5947.JPG
DSCF5951.JPG
DSCF5948.JPG
DSCF5952.JPG
DSCF5953.JPG
DSCF5955.JPG

Fine bikes indeed! The English seemed particularly fond of the wrap-around seat stays(as am I). Happy to see it in correct orange and blue. I'm also happy to see it Campy equipped as Holdsworth were the licensed distributors in the U.K.

-----

do you envision retaining the Pro-Ace pedals long term or are they something to get the cycle complete and on the road?

original cable casing would have been silver-grey colour. both Tullio and Fratelli Pietra supplied their OEM brake sets with a casing of this colour.

-----

...I don't know if you have fat feet like me, or skinny feet. But if you measure a set of those Pro Ace pedals, they are not true Campy Record copies. I use them (and the SR SP 100's) a lot because they are a quarter of an inch wider than the Campagnolo's from where they hit tie crank arm face to the quill point.

Sometimes I can manipulate a Campagnolo pedal to fit my shoes and still have room for the toe strap not to rub the crank arm, by bending the quill points out using a vise, and using one or two pedal washers to move them out a little bit. But it's a PIA, and I have some concerns about having fewer of the pedal shaft threads in the crank arm. So most of my Campagnolo pedals are sitting in a box, waiting for me to change shoes back to something narrower. Which might never happen.

It's the curse of fat feet. Thankfully, the Japanese manufacturers understood my dilemma. :)

On cable housing color, you have me confused with an all original, authentic person. I am much more of a what works well person. And I buy that black stuff in bulk, so that works well enough. I did use my last narrow six speed freewheel. I'll probably never find another one of those over at the co-op.

-----

Thank you for the patient response.

I find Italian quill pattern pedals in general to be on the narrow side as compared with those manufactured in France and Nippon.

There are models of Sheffield which are noticeably narrower in their effective width than the Campag. Tend to think of them as "ballerina pedals." :openmouth:

Since pedals are one of our three points of contact with the machine it certainly behooves us to "get them right."

-----

Back