When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Raleigh 10 speed Chopper for sale

-

Grey Ghost

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Who knows? He might get the asking price, $8,999.00

He sold a grape krate and a repainted grey ghost disc last month for around $4,000.00 each.

Last edited:
He actually might one that one. The 10-Speed Choppers are the holy grail for Chopper collectors. Basket case bikes sell for around $1,500-2,000, needing total restoration.

I have a basket case 10-Speed Chopper coming to me soon actually, with the shifter still on it :)

True, you never see them.
If I’m not mistaken, they were only sold in the USA so that added to their rarity.

They were at the upper echelon of musclebikes for sure. Raleigh quality rivaled Schwinn, maybe even better.

Eageleye, that twin stick shifter is probably very sought after. Post some pics of it when you get it in. I thought it looked different than even the other twin shifters they had but I may be remembering it wrong.

The Chopper shifter has three sticks actually! One each for the front and rear derailleur, and a smaller 'locking" arm for the rear derailleur, to keep it from slipping out of gear. Pictures I found on the wide world of web attached.

nos-vintage-raleigh-chopper-mk1_1_d67f0870e7a5a9ed1257ceb7eb0d7711.jpg

nos-vintage-raleigh-chopper-mk1_1_d67f0870e7a5a9ed1257ceb7eb0d7711 (1).jpg

Ahh, thank you!
I remember there was something completely different about that console.
I never knew what the extra lever was for.

Back