When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Schwinn Apple coaster Krate build

-
So with the Red Band Bendix, I'm clueless, I see ones with one band, and a coaster and I see ones with three bands and a coaster but it says Automatic. What's that?

My S-2 's are all double knurled, I think some of the later was not stamped. But I'm far from an expert. Keep looking you best bet might be to pay up for a parts donor bike that way you may come up with some nicer parts to swap out. Often guys will go with a Fair lady or slick chick they are easier to find. Do me a favor and send some more pics of frame from different angles if you can. Always glad to help out.

yeah, that's a good idea, what years were the S2's used on the 20" bikes? what in particular on the frame are you trying to look at?

I wanted to know how far the fender/brake mount was from the seat post, If it is only 2 inches that is Jr. frame. If it is 4 inches that is regular frame I was just wondering.

The S-2 were used from the 50's right up untill 82' when they shut down. I have not heard if the quality changed as time went on. Sometimes you can pick upa later 70's early 80's complete bike for real cheap collectors don't seem as high on them and that works out for us.

Well, looking for a Red Band Bendix 28 Spoke again, the sale was cancelled, the seller says they don't have it anymore.

Back