When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Schwinn Super Sport - correct bars and brake levers?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

"The Mavic Module E? was also an early hook side clincher. The '77 Trek TX-700 that I bought from the original owner some years ago has these rims (27") on Campy Record hubs"

---

yes, that is a very good one

launch too late by six or seven year to be period plausible for subject cycle

-----

Last edited:
-----

"The Mavic Module E? was also an early hook side clincher. The '77 Trek TX-700 that I bought from the original owner some years ago has these rims (27") on Campy Record hubs"

---

yes, that is a very good one

launch too late by six or seven year to be period plausible for subject cycle

-----
Interesting. I thought the Module E was a mid 70's launch. The TX-700 was ordered from Trek by the original owners as a frame/fork and built up at her local bike shop, Hendrickson's in Santa Barbara CA. She obviously made upgrades over the years. This bike was featured in the gallery on the Vintage Trek website, including a nice write-up. However, the site does not come up anymore. I hope it is not defunct

This Trek would be worthy of a thread of its own, but I have a bit of a half-arsed build on it now, with thumbies, tourist bars, and Dia Compe levers.

20221217_193844.jpg

20221217_193916.jpg

Last edited:
-----

evidently some misunderstanding

me mention of "subject cycle" refers to the 1970 Super Sport

-----

Back