When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970's Western Flyer Survivors

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Duxrule

On Training Wheels
I couldn't actually afford these when I was a kid; I could only get enough from berry-picking and paper routes to buy the coaster brake models. This was in a warehouse in Centralia WA for at least the past 20 years, probably longer. The seller says that his grandparents bought them (probably from the Western Auto in Centralia), and they both died many years ago. What's remakable is these bikes are pretty much as-new. There's some scuffs, scrapes and minor rust (shockingly!), but otherwise, it was like working on brand-new bikes. Nothing was missing, bent or broken; all that I had to do was clean, lube and reassemble. It's also his-n-hers; the men's frame is 22", the women's is 19", and is in identical condition. The twist-grip, twin-cable Lark-W derailleur dates the pair to 1971-'74. These 5-speeds are also pretty uncommon; everyone bought 3-speeds or 10-speeds. The ride transports you back to your childhood, and that twist-grip shifter is actually pretty sweet.

IMG_1616[1].JPG

IMG_1617[1].JPG

IMG_1618[1].JPG

IMG_1619[1].JPG

IMG_1620[1].JPG

IMG_1622[1].JPG

IMG_1623[1].JPG

Back