When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 FAVORIT Model F1 Super Special Restoration

-

juvela

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
-----

IIRC member @Jesper has an early 1970's Favorit...

found it interesting that the manufacturer did not have a forged crown for even this very top of the line model

had the opportunity to see the next model down new in the showroom o' me LBS ~1972

it had the same frame as the subject machine and was finished in a darkish red flambouyant

the kitting was a combination of Campag NR and Favorit bits

Campag bits included chainset, gear ensemble and hubs

Favorit bits included brakes, pedals, headset, saddle pillar & saddle

-----

That is a very nice frame. Definitely not your avarage 5-year plan product.

Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed watching it.

The 1971 Czechoslovakian Moravec team, with Rudolf Labus at the very right:

moravec-1971-672x372.jpg

Good video. Nice looking bike. Never seen that way of locating the brake levers. Clever way of wrapping handlebar tape. Nice and neat. Hopefully that is not white lithium grease. If so he might have some regrets down the road

The 1971 Czechoslovakian Moravec team, with Rudolf Labus at the very right:

View attachment 1715399

----

😉

got to meet the star of the 1970 Czech national team Jiri Mainus

he won Britain's Milk Race in 1970

he got out "ye olde scrapbook" when I visited his San Francisco home about 1982-83
and we went through all the pictures from that time

Jiri's wife Romana is a medical doctor with a specialization in eye surgery

met Romana's brother who is a professional ice skating coach and who invented a machine for sharpening skates; he was about to leave for Utica, New York to take a new job

Jiri & Romana had a toddler named Boris

Jiri subsequently took a job as an assistant coach to Eddy B. on the U.S. Olympic team at their training site in Colorado

-----

Back