When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1971 Schwinn Grey Ghost Stingray Muscle bike

-
Shipping
varies
Zipcode
A quick question here. Ebay says that if they suspect you used their platform to sell your item elsewhere (probably by looking at your e-mails) they will still charge you the selling fee's for your item. I'm curious if anybody has ever had that happen to them? Or is it a hollow threat? Back to the offers, hope you get your price Bob!

A quick question here. Ebay says that if they suspect you used their platform to sell your item elsewhere (probably by looking at your e-mails) they will still charge you the selling fee's for your item. I'm curious if anybody has ever had that happen to them? Or is it a hollow threat? Back to the offers, hope you get your price Bob!
That's next if not in place. Big Brother is watching. I say, get on your motorscooter ( or Krate) and ride Brothers!

Respectfully....... that makes sense but $3k is still too low I think. Obviously so does Bob. Bob makes his living doing this. It's not a hobby in total. Guys that depend on what a bike sells for to buy their beans and gasoline can stand up taller with what is $$ acceptable. "Legit offer" doesn't pay the bills.

DOND is what it is. If it was TWIO ( Take What Is Offered) then that's different. How would we feel if our DOND or outright sale posts were "scrutinized" and lowballed by the Cabe masses? I'd say play nice or move on. Bob has been in the trenches for decades and deserves respect and tasteful opinions. I'm serious here.

To finish on a lighter joke, Yes, I am on Bob's payroll!! Ha!! As he is on mine. Old school Bob's need to stand together. Have a nice day all! and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
thanks for your opinion, as we all have offered ours here as well

all posts on the CABE are routinely "scrutinized" by the CABE masses - this post alone had several members commenting on value, that's perfectly fine and will continue

Bob, his history with you and whether he's a multi millionaire living on the beach in So Cal or scrapping it out bike to bike doesn't really matter

It's a nice bike and it will sell at some point but a $3K offer as it stands now for a repainted Ghost is very reasonable

Agree, I've seen this mentioned on Ebay and there are two paths here:

Listing on Ebay and elsewhere like here, Marketplace, etc and it sells outside Ebay, you end your auction, nothing Ebay should be able to do or expect. Many of us list in multiple places and it's common to sell it before the Ebay listing ends.

Listing on Ebay and seller/buyer beat the system and connect outside and item sells. This would violate Ebay rules and I'd think they could enforce but to your point, have never actually heard of this happening from anyone I know or read about. There is sufficient artificial intelligence and analytics to make a case and pursue it these days - anyone have any examples?

Yep… totally lame how these mufrs would literally destroy a sales post crapping all over it. Pathetic sad world they inhabit.
Interesting how you see it - this was going fine like all other DOND listings and you had strong bidding up to $3K, then it was you who opened the door with your "this is how I see it" post about the value and platform. What did you expect, silence? You made your bed here Bob.

It's a nice bike and good luck with your starting bid of $4.5K on Ebay

Interesting how you see it - this was going fine like all other DOND listings and you had strong bidding up to $3K, then it was you who opened the door with your "this is how I see it" post about the value and platform. What did you expect, silence? You made your bed here Bob.

It's a nice bike and good luck with your starting bid of $4.5K on Ebay
That's CRAZY MONEY!! Good luck Bob, your gonna need it... Fee bay away..

Back