When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Schwinn Paramount

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
image.jpeg
Here is a closeup of the other side. Again, no serial number. Believe me, I checked all around the fork tube; nothing. That's why I'm looking for help dating the bike. So I was wondering if it could be an Olympic team bike from 1976, because of the silver mist color. The campy cranks were made from 1961 till 1968. Either way, thanks for taking a look and for your reply.
You posted a pic of the RH dropout, if there was a serial no. on the dropout it would be on LH side. The pic you posted of the grass has some blurry tubular thing in front of it. ;) Check all around the fork steerer, the stamp may be light.

I'm not sure about any track tandems as those were not in the catalogs but Schwinn changed from a single-sided drive TA crankset to a crossover drive Campagnolo crankset in 1977, which also allowed them to go from a double (10-speed) to a triple (15-speed) chainring setup:

1977_17.jpg

That is very cool! It makes sense that the forces would be more evenly distributed with a crossover drive.

Just in case also check the base of the headtube for a serial no. Post more detailed pics of the badge and components. From what I can see of the badge I believe that type was last used in the early to mid '60s. Schwinn introduced the Paramount Tandem with that twin style of middle downtube in 1969 as a production model but so far I think yours dates to the early to mid '60s.

Guys, did any of the early 1970's Paramounts come from the factory without the "Schwinn" or "Paramount" decals? Thx, Pete

Thx a lot. I have a 1974 P13, all orig, silver mist, has all decals except for those two. I bought the bike from the orig owner's family, bike was always indoors, no repaint. I guess the owner just removed them. Was it fairly common to see that?

Last edited:
I wouldn't say common, but an over-zealous polishing or waxing can start to take them off. Once that happens some would just finish the job to make it look clean.

Last edited:
Back