When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Silver Mist Schwinn Sports Tourer "Tourist"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinn499

I live for the CABE
Picked up this sports tourer years ago and because it wasn't my size and the spokes were pretty roasted, I broke it down and used a few pieces for a few other projects. A couple of weeks ago I slowly dug out the frame and fork and a few other parts from it and the parts stash to throw together a cool round towner for myself. Finally got it mocked up how I want it and tried on the new shoes today as well. Gonna start the clean and rebuild this weekend.

Shout out to Mike for the hookups on the saddle, thanks dude ;)
2f03de1d47b6e2d6c80f55ec606448f6.jpg
4a38e4abd76a60b8ca70b0729bd606ce.jpg
e17bc3efc480dde5793d2511a92d1650.jpg
cd459cb0710813d67f7490d57099197c.jpg

Nice!
Those cute little fenders ought to do a nice job of keeping the grit out of the brake shoes.
Your shoes are another story though. Lol!

Nice!
Those cute little fenders ought to do a nice job of keeping the grit out of the brake shoes.
Your shoes are another story though. Lol!
They are perfect for that! ... And not much else but style points. I just really love the look of these shorty fenders and given it's a tourist it needs fenders ;) I went with a Continental "tour ride" tire as it seemed to fit the bill and i like trying out new stuff when I can. They also add some good flat protection for dem goat heads 'roun here so that's nice for peace of mind.

Of course I would love to know if you still have the original stem and Handlebars?

-EW

Back