When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Super Sport color option

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Just a quick question.
Was the paint option of Burgundy on the Super Sport only offered in 1971?

Other forums suggest it was offered in 1972 as well on the Super Sport . Others suggest it was only offered on the Continental and Paramount series.

Thanks

FWIW, the '72 consumer catalog does not list it as an option, but the catalogs were not always correct.

I'm pretty sure the SS was offered in Burgundy just for the 71 model year. I've never seen a 72 SS that color. Opaque seems like it was the hot thing in 72. A few other models were offered in Burgundy for another year or so, like the Conti, Suburban, Speedster, Breeze. The Paramount was usually offered any color Schwinn used.

-----

owned a Sports Tourer in Burgundy, do not recall year however, IIIRC it was fitted with a T. A. chainset and the Campag Gran Turismo rear mech which would have made it a '71, IIRC! 😉

miss @Metcortex also 😦

-----

There was a Burgundy Super Sport in the sale project area of BICAS (Bike Salvage) in Tucson when I left. (2 weeks ago)
Sorry, I didn't look at the serial #
Decals removed, janky seat, high end tires, all else OG. Ridable
$60

Back