When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Super X

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MrColumbia

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This is not something I normally would have obtained but ended up with it anyway. A friends son-in-law wanted me to keep on eye out for a 70's Columbia racer (he's one of the spandex crowd) and I came across this for $20. It's a 1971 Super X in remarkable condition for it's age. It ended up being too small of a frame for him so it's mine now.

An interesting thing is it has Huret Allvit Deraileurs unlike the cheap Suntours that Columbia typically used later on. I did a little research and it seems that Schwinn made those popular so possibly Columbia was still trying to keep pace with Schwinn at this time. It also has Maes Racing Bars and higher quality rims than on later Columbia's. Not top of the line for the year by any means but still a respectable bike for 1971.

One more bike to stuff in a corner as it's too tall for me to ride with 27" wheels.

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

Back