When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Custom Schwinn Paramount Track Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gsaletom

Look Ma, No Hands!
This is a 1972 Schwinn Paramount P14c Custom Track Bike. When I say custom, I mean every Lug, fork End, rear dropout, Road Fork and Bottom bracket shell have been altered and drilled to reduce weight. This was all done by the original owner prior to having it brazed and chromed at the Schwinn factory. The Prugnat lugs had some of the point removed and had hole drilled into them to reduce weight. The Bottom bracket had many holes drilled into it call “ Drillium” which was supposed to reduce weight and look cool. The Campagnolo cranks were also machined to reduce weight. The Road fork was lighter than a track fork and has the matching serial numbers to the frame. All this was done to have the lightest track frame Schwinn could build with the huge exception of Chrome being much heavier than paint. I have a provenance letter from Waterford stating that Spike Shannon, paramount engineer was involved in the build of this prototype frameset . 23.5” Frame, Original Chrome is in Excellent condition since the bike has never been rode with the exception of the minor rub mark on one fork leg. 15.34Lbs. as pictured
PS: I would rebuild the wheels if you want to ride this bike. They have lots of thread shown because the spoke length was incorrect.

I am looking for input on the value of this bike?

Thanks Tom

image00.jpg

image02.jpg

image05.jpg

image06.jpg

image07.jpg

image08.jpg

image09.jpg

image11.jpg

image12.jpg

View attachment 697884

image14.jpg

image15.jpg

image16.jpg

image17.jpg

image18.jpg

image19.jpg

image20.jpg

image21.jpg

image26.jpg

image27.jpg

Attachments

• ProvenanceTrackParamount.pdf
    627.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Probably came with deep drop steel bars and very angled steel stem. The silver mist '74 I had did, but the bars unfortunately bent around a steel rope fence support at the Northridge velodrome within the year. I still have a scar on my back from another post. So for most of it's time with me, it too had an alloy stem and bars then. Your exquisite chrome 72 probably saw some action at Kenosha.

Back