When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Opaque Green Schwinn Super Sport

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SuperSport

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello! I currently restored a 1974 Schwinn Le Tour that I inherited from a relative. It was at that time I started doing research and fell in love with the hand brazed lightweights. To add to my collection, (including a 74 Sprint that I just picked up) I am looking for a 72 Opaque Green Super Sport. I understand the one year only color, and that I might have to wait to find one. Not necessarily looking for a show room piece, rather I would like to do a mild refresh myself. (Bearings, grease, remove rust, replace cables, etc.) I wish to have the paint in good shape. A few scratches are ok, but nothing major. If I see something I like, I won't hesitate to pay a little more than most. My goal for a Super Sport is to clean it up and ride it. I have no intentions of flipping the bike, or any of the other Schwinns in my collection. Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome Bob. My apologies...I meant to state a frame size, but forgot! I prefer either the 22 or 24 inch frame.

If you are interested, I have a green sports tourer I would consider selling, or trading.
86BE11AB-1433-4AF0-826A-4E8E14416D99.jpeg.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful Sports Tourer! I was planning on getting a Sports Tourer soon, possibly in Opaque Blue. If the price is right, I would consider!

Could I see more pics too? Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow, what a beautiful Sports Tourer! I was planning on getting a Sports Tourer soon, possibly in Opaque Blue. If the price is right, I would consider!

Could I see more pics too? Thanks!
Hey, I just saw your response. Ill try and take some pictures here in a couple weeks

Just saw your post.
I have a complete, original, 22 inch '72 Opaque Green Sports Tourer,
It is partially disassembled and needs to be photographed.
It is in extraordinary condition, but if you're patient...

This one is long gone from me. (only pic i can find)
Not my cuppa for a ride or ramble. (big hills, Cascade foothills)
And not my nostalgia, either.
Came to me and left pretty minty. With shorties.
Schwinn Super Sport.JPG

edit: one of the few bikes I have passed along without any regret. Another was a Carabella SemiPro (a step down brand for Windsor made in Mexico) in a very large frame size.

Last edited:
Coalfield, that is the exact bike that I am looking for. Its a love it or hate it color for sure. Among other things. Thanks for sharing the picture and I hope to run across a Green 72 SS soon!

Back