When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Orange Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ScottofVA

On Training Wheels
Hello Folks-

I'm thinking of passing on a bike that I got for Christmas in 1972, I was seven years old at the time. I rode it a few years before I moved on to motorcycles and it languished in garage at my parents home in High Point NC for the next 30 years or so. When my kids came along my dad put some new tires on her, replacing the original that had dry rotted I assume. About 20 years ago it came to my house and has been hanging in my basement ever sense. I'm hating to part with it but I'm getting the house ready to sale with plans for the future that do not support a lot of extra baggage.

I would appreciate some advice on how best to sale it:

1.Should I try to clean it up before I put it on ebay?
2. Is ebay the best market to sell old bikes?
3. I remember the back tire was wide and flat like a chopper motorcycle when I was riding it. Does anyone remember that? Should I try to find an original tire? Is that possible?

Here are some links to photos, any other ideas are welcome.

IMG_20190430_071135450.jpg

IMG_20190430_071157487.jpg

IMG_20190430_071404577.jpg

IMG_20190430_071404577.jpg

Hello Folks-

I'm thinking of passing on a bike that I got for Christmas in 1972, I was seven years old at the time. I rode it a few years before I moved on to motorcycles and it languished in garage at my parents home in High Point NC for the next 30 years or so. When my kids came along my dad put some new tires on her, replacing the original that had dry rotted I assume. About 20 years ago it came to my house and has been hanging in my basement ever sense. I'm hating to part with it but I'm getting the house ready to sale with plans for the future that do not support a lot of extra baggage.

I would appreciate some advice on how best to sale it:

1.Should I try to clean it up before I put it on ebay?
2. Is ebay the best market to sell old bikes?
3. I remember the back tire was wide and flat like a chopper motorcycle when I was riding it. Does anyone remember that? Should I try to find an original tire? Is that possible?

Here are some links to photos, any other ideas are welcome.

View attachment 989398View attachment 989398

View attachment 989399

View attachment 989400View attachment 989398

View attachment 989399

View attachment 989400

View attachment 989398
View attachment 989399
I would go on ebay for recent pricing on sales just to get ideas on value, you have rear disc brake, pumpkin light which are items that will bring up the price. With a proper cleaning and correct rear tire you have a awesome bike. Those krate bikes just keep going up in value $1500.00 + more if it's the sunset orange color look up the year and research...

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

It’s kool orange to find a nice original seat will be big bucks then a dated tire $300 bucks if you want to do it right

Ebay will give you the best amount of people to see it. Remember though a 2000 dollar sale on Ebay and a 1800 dollar offer off Ebay are the same money in your hand. They take 10 percent but it can be well worth it. I would put it on Ebay and watch the fight. Don't get scared sometimes the fight starts the last 3 seconds...lol

I’d be interested in your bike if you don’t want to go through the EBay hassle. I’d be happy with it as is.
Thank you Jim

Hi Jim- I have already put it on ebay but if it does not go maybe we can make a deal. Thanks for the interest.

Back