When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Schwinn De luxe Twinn

-

Siestabikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just picked up this up at a yard sale. Nice paint but the shifter is hanging off the cable minus it's guts. tires may be useable 26x 1 3/8. and fender stays need tweaking

View attachment 482505

Last edited:
2 more pics

20170617_084857.jpg

20170617_084906.jpg

the paint is in very good shape as are the chrome wheels. i dished the rear wheel and installed it with a new tire. the wheel lists towards the right now. im wondering if it originally needs to be listing left perhaps to compensate for the drum brake. i havent check frame alignment yet

I have one like it that doesn't have a gearing. I can't go uphill or roll over a toothpick. You are so lucky.

the paint is in very good shape as are the chrome wheels. i dished the rear wheel and installed it with a new tire. the wheel lists towards the right now. im wondering if it originally needs to be listing left perhaps to compensate for the drum brake. i havent check frame alignment yet
I just bought a Deluxe a couple of weeks ago. I haven't pulled off the rear wheel yet but if you are still having issues let me know and I can check the dish, OLD, etc. if that info may help you.

Maybe do the old string test to make sure the rear triangle hasn't gotten knocked out of alignment?

i just had to wrestle with the wheel a little to get it lined up in the triangle. i didnt do a string test. the new Kenda tires i had didnt seat well but luckily i had some new old stock tires that did. i ended up selling it over the weekend to a nice couple towards Cape Cod. i dont think its working out for them so im helping to sell it for them

20170619_192011.jpg

20170618_202923.jpg

Back