When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Schwinn World Voyageur Question What model hubs?

-

Old Iron Bob

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just got a 1972 world voyageur 2F serial number. The wheels have been replaced and I would like to replace them back to stock.I read that they are Shimano high flange.Any one know what model and is there a date code? A photo of the logo might help. Thank you

I can only find the 1973 info. No mention of a World Voyager for 1972 so maybe it was a late entry? Only info I can round up is the hubs were Shimano aluminum high flange quick release hubs. Here's the spec sheet for 73 but it only has part and manufacturer numbers.

1599804367566.png

Just looked at the wheels that I replaced on my World Voyageur.
They are Shimano high flange with kidney bean shaped cutouts in the flanges.
The rear looks to be a Shimano 333. Under the logo are the letters "R" and "D". Are these date codes?
The front hub looks the same, but does not have the 333 designation. It has the letters "S" & "C" under a different Shimano logo.
I don't know for sure that these wheels were original to the bike, but have assumed that they were.
Perhaps one of the hubs was replaced at some time. The rims match though.

I believe those Voyagers came with what would become Shimano's Dura Ace group with different names. Rear deraileurs were Crane and the Dura Ace name did not show until 1977 but was same with a different name. Roger

Back