When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1975 Schwinn Paramount

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ecsnyder85

On Training Wheels
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this classic bike game and was hoping you all could help me out. My father passed away a few years ago and left behind a couple of bikes. One is a Schwinn Paramount from what I can tell is from the early to mid 70's. I will try to include pictures, but the bike is a dark red, almost burgundy, all the components are Campagnolo, and the tubes and forks are Renyolds 531. He even had the matching bike pump that pressure fit next to the seat tube. Hopefully this helps, I tried to run the Serial Number online, but nothing came back. We are looking to sell and make some money for my mother. Thanks in advance for your help!
IMG-1509.jpg

I can't quite read it from here but on the left rear drop out is the serial number which will tell you exactly when the bike was built. My 1974 serial number was A74149 which means A is January, 74 is 1974 and 149 is the 149th frame built that month. Roger

I can't quite read it from here but on the left rear drop out is the serial number which will tell you exactly when the bike was built. My 1974 serial number was A74149 which means A is January, 74 is 1974 and 149 is the 149th frame built that month. Roger
Thanks Roger

I'm not a lightweight/Paramount guy, but that sure is one beautiful bike. I love that color! Good luck with your search for info and in selling it.
Jay

Just curious, did they stamp a build date in the head badges on the Paramounts starting in 1976 like the regular Schwinn production?
That is one sweet piece and I've never seen that color before. Good chance that is a 1979 build, or possibly later, from what I've found. 79 was the first year offering Royal Maroon, whether this is that color or not I can't say. Looks like a million bucks!
@Eric Amlie

Last edited:
Just curious, did they stamp a build date in the head badges on the Paramounts starting in 1976 like the regular Schwinn production?
That is one sweet piece and I've never seen that color before. Good chance that is a 1979 build, or possibly later, from what I've found. 79 was the first year offering Royal Maroon, whether this is that color or not I can't say. Looks like a million bucks!
@Eric Amlie
I’ve been told that was built in Feb of 75.

Back