When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Continental...thoughts On This One ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dale Alan

I live for the CABE
I have a chance to buy this,pics are not the best . I have not owned a 1973 before so I was wondering what you guys think of it .The owner said it was original except for pedals,tubes,tires,and cables .Does that seem correct ? Fork may be bent from what I see in the pics,hoping that is just an optical illusion. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

IMG_4849.jpg
IMG_2036.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG
IMG_2038.JPG

I did notice that the brake levers have the 1974 and later cable adjusters and the extension levers are '75 or later "flat top" versions, so they must have been replaced at some point in the past. Check the extension levers for date codes like this one dated 06-1976:

Ext Lever Date Code 06-1976 (Medium).JPG

Also check the date codes on the hubs. Aside from the newer brake levers and non-original pedals the rest seems to be there.

I did notice that the brake levers have the 1974 and later cable adjusters and the extension levers are '75 or later "flat top" versions, so they must have been replaced at some point in the past. Check the extension levers for date codes like this one dated 06-1976:

View attachment 297070

Also check the date codes on the hubs. Aside from the newer brake levers and non-original pedals the rest seems to be there.
Thanks,that is the type of info I am looking for . He is the second owner and was going on what the original owner had told him .If that seems to be the only issue I will buy it . I am sure I have proper pedals in my stash,once I figure out what is correct .I may have the brake levers also.

Opaque Blue was offered in 74 also so if that one has the 74 brake levers there might be a chance it could be a 74 with a late 73 serial number. Any other changes between the 73 and 74?

Opaque Blue was offered in 74 also so if that one has the 74 brake levers there might be a chance it could be a 74 with a late 73 serial number. Any other changes between the 73 and 74?

I was debating that it might be a '74 but the skewers are '73 and earlier so it depended on whether the brake levers or wheels were original, and since the handlebars and stem were also changed it seemed more likely the levers not being original. It also appears to have a '73 and earlier derailleur but I'd need to see a better pic of that to be sure.

More pics,not that great though. Looks like November '73,I don't see a date on the brake levers. Thanks for the help everyone.

IMG_9648.JPG
IMG_9650.JPG
IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_9654.JPG
IMG_9655.JPG
IMG_9661.JPG
IMG_9663.JPG
IMG_9665.JPG

Back