When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Continental...thoughts On This One ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_1546.JPG

From these pics I now believe it is an early '74 model. In '74 Schwinn started using the Compe brake levers with built-in adjusters, and only the early '74 compe levers had the crosshatch knurled metal adjusters as shown in the pic. Another '74 sign is the "S" cap on the derailleur pivot bolt. One thing that was throwing me off was the skewers, as starting in '74 the skewers were changed to curved levers with black plastic covered wing type nuts. I'd be interested to know the hub dates as well as the date on the crank. If you remove the fork there should also be a date code on the steerer tube.

The hubs are dated 4-73 and 2-73,I have not torn it down yet to check the crank and fork . Interesting info,thanks.

Here is something you might want. Opaque blue tape. Hard to find when you need it. I have been watching this for a while and have been wondering if the tape is faded or just poor photography.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NOS...398500?hash=item2ee9e201a4:g:D3MAAOSw3KFWgGTJ

On another note. Does anyone know what the perforated tape was used on or is it just an accessory sold without any reason behind it. Mistakenly bought some and was wondering.

The perforated Hunt-Wilde tape was never used by Schwinn from the factory and only one version was ever listed in the parts catalog as an accessory, which was p/n 09 090 Black leather grain w/holes.

Back