When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Withdrawn 1973 Electra King, "King of Electric Cars", 3 wheel electric car in Seaside, Ca.

-
Price
in ad
Zipcode

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
1973 Electra King, “King of Electric Cars”, made by the B & Z Electric Car Co. of Long Beach, Ca. 3-wheeled electric car. Parades, Car Shows and just riding around the neighborhood it has always been a good time educating people on the history of these little cars. I have owned this car for 12 years and have had no problems with it. Batteries and battery cables were replaced in 2015, charges with a standard electrical cord. There is a built-in battery charger with timer and a charge meter that works sporadically. The brochure says “up to 40 miles of continuous operation”, the longest drive I have done was a 4th of July parade that started 1/2 mile from home and maybe a total of 5 miles round trip. Top speed is around 25+ mph but the suspension will keep you from going too fast and the brakes are not very good. The turn signal and headlights do not work but did work before I changed the batteries, the horn works. Original interior, GE motor, brakes & suspension. New tires in 2012. The paint and Cadillac badges were done before I got the car, fiberglass is excellent throughout with just a couple of small cosmetic issues. The trunk lock/handle does not lock. I have an original Electra King badge, original brochure and all paperwork/receipts. Easy to transport in a 5’ x 9’ trailer with a ramp. Not registered with the DMV so being sold on a Bill of Sale, but could be registered and street legal. I have driven this car for 12 years in Parades, around town, at car shows, etc. and no one has ever asked me for any paperwork of any kind. The car draws a smile from everyone and is a super fun drive that feels like an amusement park ride.
$4850/ in person cash sale, bring a trailer and take this toy home. Sale Price $3850....
Please see photos and any questions are welcome.

Last edited:
1973 Electra King, “King of Electric Cars”, made by the B & Z Electric Car Co. of Long Beach, Ca. 3-wheeled electric car. Parades, Car Shows and just riding around the neighborhood it has always been a good time educating people on the history of these little cars. I have owned this car for 12 years and have had no problems with it. Batteries and battery cables were replaced in 2015, charges with a standard electrical cord. There is a built-in battery charger with timer and a charge meter that works sporadically. The brochure says “up to 40 miles of continuous operation”, the longest drive I have done was a 4th of July parade that started 1/2 mile from home and maybe a total of 5 miles round trip. Top speed is around 25+ mph but the suspension will keep you from going too fast and the brakes are not very good. The turn signal and headlights do not work but did work before I changed the batteries, the horn works. Original interior, GE motor, brakes & suspension. New tires in 2012. The paint and Cadillac badges were done before I got the car, fiberglass is excellent throughout with just a couple of small cosmetic issues. The trunk lock/handle does not lock. I have an original Electra King badge, original brochure and all paperwork/receipts. Easy to transport in a 5’ x 9’ trailer with a ramp. Not registered with the DMV so being sold on a Bill of Sale, but could be registered and street legal. I have driven this car for 12 years in Parades, around town, at car shows, etc. and no one has ever asked me for any paperwork of any kind. The car draws a smile from everyone and is a super fun drive that feels like an amusement park ride.
$4850/ in person cash sale, bring a trailer and take this toy home. Sale Price $3850....
Please see photos and any questions are welcome.
View attachment 1652557

View attachment 1652558

View attachment 1652559

View attachment 1652560

View attachment 1652561

View attachment 1652562

View attachment 1652563

View attachment 1652564

View attachment 1652565

View attachment 1652566

View attachment 1652567

View attachment 1652568
Hello
Any interest in selling the B&Z badge.? My vehicle doesn't have one.

Hello
Any interest in selling the B&Z badge.? My vehicle doesn't have one.
My car did not have a badge as well, just a Cadillac hood ornament which received a lot of attention, but I am more of a purist and wanted the real badge. I looked for a few years and finally found the badge on a car that was being offered on eBay, they did not want much money for the car as it was in bad shape and I think I offered the asking price for just the badge and they accepted. I still have not installed the badge but it will stay with the car. Always hopeful of finishing the project, or selling it off, but ok with it hanging around for the fun ride.

Back