When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 ? Raleigh Sprite 10-Speed...another cheap find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oh, C'mon...another Raleigh??!! Yes, but it's 100% original.

I picked this one up last night from the owners house just before it started to get dark. I saw a few shots online, and determined it was a '73 mainly from the seat post decal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, it's all there! And judging from the pedals and saddle, barely ridden. The tires looked to have just come apart from sitting for so long, and any surface rust or dirt that's there would be for the same reason. The frame is WAY to small for me, but this will be my first Sprite to detail, and I'm loving the "Ivory Glaze" color that Raleigh called it. I guess I'll be playing with this, along with the Sports I posted here a couple of days ago.

In the meantime, here are the photos I took this morning. Good deal, again, and this time at $45...:tonguewink:

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

IMG_5303.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

Last edited:
That Sprite looks like it will clean up well. I don't currently own a Raleigh with the self-adjusting brakes, but a lot of people hate them. I never had an issue with those brakes on the ladies Sports that I owned. I understand that the self adjust function can be easily disabled if you wish. BikeForums has some info on that.

------

Look forward to following your work here Harpo.

Will make for another excellent "before & after" project! ;)

Question for our Heronic experts -

recall the Sprite 27 at this time as coming through with Altenburger Synchron sidepull brakes.

is me memory off or were both both types employed? this is a "boomer" product after all...

-----

Work will begin on this project tomorrow.

Temps/icy roads here on Long Island will be keeping most of us indoors (who are lucky enough) for the next couple of days, so...crank up the heat and the Stereo!! Yeah, like I need an excuse, lol. :tonguewink:

Looking forward to the progress reports. You must be acquiring quite an impressive stable!

Looking forward to the progress reports. You must be acquiring quite an impressive stable!

At one time I was up to 52 bikes. A few months ago I was down to 25...and now up to 33. Uh, this is going in the wrong direction again...:eek:

Back