When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Schwinn Continental What color is this? Pink, coral?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've seen this on Lady's Varsity but not a boy's especially, a Continental. There's no catalog with a pinkish except until 1978 and that's a lugged frame which, I think, is called Flamingo.

Moreover, it's of their 'Cool' and Opaques that are liked so well. This one is December so, actually a 74. But, what the heck color did Schwinn call it?

Got to be the rare-est color on a Conti ever made too. Eh?

00k0k_iEj1IJUpd3Oz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

Sun faded opaque red?
Ha, Ha, No it's absolutely pink, original and the only one like it, I can find on the net is a guy with a 73 Lady's Varsity that he'd 'Color matched' with; I guess, auto paint and 'Restored'

Serial on this Canti is MJ (December 73)

Last edited:
If you wax it I bet it would look like rose? Isn’t that the color they used on like the ‘78 Fair Lady?

Yeah,
If you wax it I bet it would look like rose? Isn’t that the color they used on like the ‘78 Fair Lady?
1977/8 Fair Lady Pink: 'Holiday Rose' that's on the Hollywood too, is out there, but I expect that B/C Schwinn color names change so often it's prob. different in the least, for the tint. 73/4 colors vs 77/8, 5 year later, should have it's own tint and name.

I mean, if you estimate an average when Schwinn made the strongest differences, before crooking off in 2002, it seems to be on a 4-5 year cycle.

Last edited:
Back