When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 varsity sport

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Elnutty

Look Ma, No Hands!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Picked this one up about 2 months ago 26" frame has a 9" tall head tube ! Bought it off of the original owner 6'7" he had the pedals and bars switched when new ! And added the child seat / book rack pretty nice bike needs new decals ( his kids wore them off climbing on the frame )

Not a 27" frame?Sure looks like it
Varsity Sport Without Fenders
  • Model 120 20" frame Varsity ........$102.95
  • Model 122 22" frame Varsity ........$102.95
  • Model 124 24" frame Varsity ........$102.95
  • Model 126 26" frame Varsity ........$102.95

Nice bike,good to see you are tall enough to ride it . I had a 27" 1978 Le Tour III at one time,I am 6' tall . It rode great once I was on it and going down the road. Mount and dismount was a bit tricky.

They also made 27" frame bikes, I had one.Not sure if they were special order or not.I realized it was tool tall for me after a short time....I think my screen plays tricks with my eyes,that frame looks way bigger than my 26" frame S/T and Conti.

Schwinn never made a 27" size EF frame (and there were no special orders), however they did make a 28" size Continental in '82-'83:

1982_17.jpg

It is interesting to note that the main triangle on the 28" frame was fillet-brazed.

It's 26" for sure !!! But the frame geometry is funky compared to a 26" varsity I had before !!

Well, That may have been what I had,I remember it being blue? I'm going to ask my local Schwinn expert when I can get there.

Back