When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Collegiate Handbars

-
I believe Schwinn was producing their own bars during that time. They will have Schwinn engraved on them along with the year stamped. The 50's and early 60's bars were unmarked.
Here's a Schwinn set made in 75. If the year stamping is no big deal then these bars are really easy to find. But the shipping cost is unreal.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=223553078378

1560629327141.png

Thanks. Are those the original style handlebars that would’ve been on a 1972 Collegiate? I’ll keep my on those. I’m hoping to find NOS or reproduction.

I'm going to assume that it came with opaque blue grips, which are going to be extremely hard to find in decent shape. The sets I've seen over the past few years were either chewed up pretty bad or they were the smaller (Fair Lady) size.

Back