When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Lil' Chik - OA bath

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
I just used an oxalic acid bath on a deep clean up for a customer this past week and thought I would share my results.

She brought in her Lil' Chik she was given at Christmas in 1974 as a child. The Kool Lemon color had rust under it and she wanted it to look good again.

I had been following the OA threads on here for a long time knowing that I would need to step up my game by using this method and this was an excellent candidate.

The weather here has been cold and rainy and this past week was the first time that I could fill the kiddie pool knowing low temperature would not be an issue.

I used CABER Freqman's formula from another thread of one cup OA crystals in a kiddie pool.

I first tested a chain guard from a pink American and was very impressed with the results.

ri8azgl4zqf3HkIAtoaaTndYT7pAv3ubLzwpSYSGwZSZcFj9TFwm3EvlXcgjK9AC8DKEt4qH-Qa14SxCj4=w1200-h900-no.jpg

Wx8ZlovYC6_q7_baa_dK_KYam-l2oxwFQ0S7FlrNpB3yK3Zj8poS2e46ACQWFbS1zLSdYBpd7BKpXoWoak=w1200-h900-no.jpg

So I proceeded with the OA bath and here are the results. A link to the clean up album with details on the OA bath are posted below the next photograph. This album is image heavy as it was made for the owner to detail the clean up process.

Thanks to everyone for making the CABE such a great resource!

2BL3hiz.jpg

Clean up album with oxalic acid bath details.

I have read thru and saw some very detailed pics of your clean ups and I must saw, I am very impressed, you have some great attention to detail as well, Keep up the awesome work!

Aaron

excellent work! i appreciate the attention to detail and the documenting of the process. well done!
Jay

Back