When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Opaque Red Super Sport

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks! Here is something I have not ran across before that was on this bike. The slots were not cut???

002 (3).JPG

The little date code symbols on the BB cones ended in '72. There does appear to be very light marks where the slots were to be cut, as if the tool just kissed the surface instead of cutting to the proper depth. Surprised that Schwinn QC let that one get through.

BTW, what was the date code on the crank?

Hey Scott

The crank date was SA 22 74 The handlebars were 0674 and the pedals 5-74 The rims were marked 74 also on the inside by the valve stem hole. Could not find any dates on the brake levers or rear derailleur.

Last edited:
Here's my 74 Opaque Red Super Sport. The frame is dated March of 1973 and I purchased the bike from the original owner. Other than the saddle, everything is original, even down to the tubes. The paint is nearly spotless as the owner put this bike away weeks after purchasing it and has not ridden it since. Usually, I purchase bikes to ride them, but this one is the exception. I wouldn't want to stress the original tires and cables. I feel lucky to have found such a nice, untouched original.

IMG_8751.JPG

IMG_8754.JPG

IMG_8757.JPG

IMG_8760.JPG

IMG_8762.JPG

IMG_8770.JPG

IMG_8772.JPG

IMG_8774.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

IMG_8786.JPG

IMG_8792.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Scott,

Here's my 74 Opaque Red Super Sport. The frame is dated March of 1973 and I purchased the bike from the original owner. Other than the saddle, everything is original, even down to the tubes. The paint is nearly spotless as the owner put this bike away weeks after purchasing it and has not ridden it since. Usually, I purchase bikes to ride them, but this one is the exception. I wouldn't want to stress the original tires and cables. I feel lucky to have found such a nice, untouched original.

View attachment 411894

View attachment 411895

View attachment 411898

View attachment 411900

View attachment 411902

View attachment 411903

View attachment 411904

View attachment 411905

View attachment 411906

View attachment 411907

View attachment 411908
What a beauty!