When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1974 Raleigh International $700 shipped in the lower 48 states

-
Price
Trade for track bike or $700 shipped OBO
Zipcode

comet

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked this up recently. I bought it from the original owner who got it new when he started high school. I don't think he rode it much. He mentioned it had sew-ups and he did not like that at all, so he had new clincher rims built with the original hubs. It came with the side-pull Wienmanns instead of center-pulls like the catalog shows. I asked the owner and he said it came this way. But if you look at the brake hoods and freewheel there is hardly any use. It had no cables when I bought it. I bought some cables and installed them. I also cleaned everything and repacked the bottom bracket and the headset. It is original except the rims the original owner had changed to clinchers and the cables I put on it. It could use a better cable housing at the rear derailluer. Take a good look at the Campy groups. Hardly used at all. The last pic is from the 1974 catalog so you can compare the models and see what is on this bike. I would preferably trade this for a track bike in the 61 cm range. Moneywise I would like $750 shipped in the lower 48 states. Also comes with original owners manual. The contents of which I posted in the paper archive thread. Good stuff. Serial number WH4003631. Let me know if you need a picture of anything specific. Thanks. 22 1/2 " or 57cm frame.

fullsizeoutput_6c5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6c7.jpeg

up40gpUlQpWDUF%SXEBzdQ.jpg

GVNJ8vGkQfumzRp0J2kDHg.jpg

LWtca4cJRZ+7yz6nJFs9cg.jpg

KkbhKplYRjKBTt6T1h8Zeg.jpg

3u6WBYZaSmCfHzKBczDsUA.jpg

ytYl9irSTHmJpXDsKzqyBg.jpg

uCywBD5YTpu9+EHpt5A3sw.jpg

PJMNLLOgRtCDTquJU1mx1A.jpg

JuwpAi2jTwu+XzUeR%OvoQ.jpg

kpVuvCsuSf2VBXDPtgl3eg.jpg

b7SgdLQyQxO+e2p%X3l02g.jpg

i9lNizW9QyOPLf8QUaqjvA.jpg

BYjlVTiGQmS2fQXBu3cDZQ.jpg

KZHM3VPZRUSxWXsBLOzZmQ.jpg

IhSrzBF+TqW7pS5hSJFPOw.jpg

ayE8mrZTSVCx4VR70aSMkg.jpg

4Yv0lAm9SASZ0zgomcXa4g.jpg

nRnFJ1YMS9GLOYAa9ll3mw.jpg

yEzmnnQlQ5OGrWUNv24cYw.jpg

T2mZAlVIRpGY0H3YoV1vIg.jpg

p9Etj54QQxi1J3E+7apXgw.jpg

FoqrM5oJS5qp+zjUhOZ1Gw.jpg

oMAzH3NHTpa2s+6fWzsB6A.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot to say. It had no chain when I got it so I put the chain you see in the pics on it to ride it but it is too small and won't come with the bike. I will throw in a chain that will work but needs cleaning before it dirties up the Campy groupset. Sorry.

May I suggest that you address that chain issue before someone rides it or tears up something.

Back