When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Schwinn Opaque Red Sports Tourer Revisited

-

kostnerave

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Cabers, I know I posted this bike awhile ago, but I wanted to post some updated photos of the bike. It came to me with a dealer installed black Schwinn mattress saddle, at the original owners request. I wanted a red Brooks B17 saddle for it, but I couldn't find any available. I was on the Cabe and spotted one in a picture that was posted by manuelvilla. I contacted him and he said we could work something out. We did, and I received the saddle, with extra items thrown in, in 24 hours! Again, I want to thank Manuel for helping me get this bike to where I envisioned it. It's like Brooks almost made this saddle for this bike. Please enjoy the pictures.

Red Brooks and bikes 018.JPG

Red Brooks and bikes 019.JPG

Red Brooks and bikes 021.JPG

Red Brooks and bikes 017.JPG

Red Brooks and bikes 020.JPG

Red Brooks and bikes 022.JPG

-----

always wonderful to visit this wheel once again! :hearteyes:

need to reach for me Persols ever' time ;)

do you know who is the manufacturer of the Schwinn Approved bag support you have on there?

-----

Hi everyone, Thank you for the nice comments. The bag support was made and distributed by Park Tools in the '70's. I've seen different sizes for different frames, as well as black coating on the ends. Of course, the red ends were a no brainer on this one!

Hi everyone, Thank you for the nice comments. The bag support was made and distributed by Park Tools in the '70's. I've seen different sizes for different frames, as well as black coating on the ends. Of course, the red ends were a no brainer on this one!

-----

thanks very much for the response.

after reading it recalled i had asked the same question previously.

won't be long now before they'll be placing me "in the home."

def'nitely ready for the nackers... ; ^ 0

-----

HA! That's fine, as long as they let you take your bikes with you. They could be ridden up and down the halls.

Cleanest Sports Tourer I have ever seen, red Brooks really makes this ride pop. I have had a clean blue 73 Sports Tourer, it was a daily rider, not this clean though.

Back