When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Redline Squareback

-

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm a Redline collector. This is a crazy find. 1975 Redline Squareback frame (serial # in 700s) and Speedo double dropout forks. A pretty rare combo.

According to Linn Kastan's handwritten registry, this frame was shipped in September, 1975.

Head decal has been replaced. All other decals appear to be original.

I'm going to clean it up and build it.

IMG_5304.JPG
IMG_5306.JPG
IMG_5307.JPG
IMG_5308.JPG
IMG_5309.JPG
IMG_5311.JPG
IMG_5315.JPG
IMG_5316.JPG

I did not say this one was a repop, simply stating they did in fact repop these.

I knew what you were getting at. All good.

I'm going to remove the rust from the nickel, but won't polish. Want to keep the patina.

Have begun writing a list of parts for this project. Starting with the wheels: First generation Araya 7B rims. Will use an ACS front hub, and either an Atom or Union freewheel drum brake rear hub. As luck would have it, the era-correct hubs have already been located. The hoops are another story.
Spokes and nipples will also have to be era-correct.

Will probably go Ashtabula cranks and stem with Schwinn exercise bike bars.

Going to be fun to get the stuff together & build. It always is.

Sounds different than what I was thinking but maybe thats how you remember builds in your area. What are exercise bars? Bars of an exercise bike?

Last edited:
I would go box bars with those horribly hard octopus grips, snap pads, mks or kkt pedals, and one of those vinyl diamond pleated seats.

True old school rims would be Femco dimpled steel rims.

Back