When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2 Chrome From original owner.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this up a couple weeks ago from the original owner. He bought it in W VA when he got out of the Navy. Can't believe it lasted a month on CL. Don't know how I missed it for all that time. Owner was adamant it was a very rare special edition 15 speed. We all know that some bike stores would have told you what you wanted to hear to make a sale and I assume that is the case here. The Navy screwed up his back so he rode upright as much as he could. He had the Grab On's added along with the extension brake levers to that end. Glad to have got it, he said if it didn't sell he was going to convert it to a gravel bike. A really nice guy, glad to have met him!

I wanted to take it back to original. Originally was going to go with black cotton tape as original but couldn't bring myself to do it. Very happy with how it cleaned up.

I would expect this was sold as a 77. The badge date is from the week between Christmas and New Years 1976. Almost every component has a 10-76 date stamp.

001.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

Last edited:
Nice find in great shape too. I have 2 of these in chrome and the funny thing is that the head badge numbers( assembly date) are exactly the same. If you get a chance post the numbers and they might be the same or close. Tim

Very nice! I like the white with the chrome.
I seem to remember this bike being discussed somewhere else fairly recently. The Sugino Maxy triple was certainly an oddity.
I understand that you wanted to take it back to near original. I would have probably left it a triple but replaced the Maxy with a Sugino Mighty Tour.
Being old, I like triples and "Geezer" gears.

Hey Bob, The badge numbers are 1517 for both. I like the white bar tape and tires on yours, you have an eye for nice bikes. Tim

I looked up pics on the one I had. It was super clean and a very smooth riding bike, although a little big for me.
Even though it was a 25" frame, it still only weighed a little over 27lbs.
12.2 is its supposed kg weight... 26.8 pounds
Same for the traveller 11.8... 26.0

Last edited:
Back