When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Sting-Ray front axle help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Aaron65

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm slowly getting my Bicentennial Sting-Ray cleaned up and greased, and someone really manhandled the front axle and bearings. The axle has mangled threads and is bent, and someone broke one of the bearing cages.

Is this a standard part on Sting-Rays, one I could get at the local bike store? If not, any recommendations for where I could pick one up online? Thanks!

Aaron

I have N O S Schwinn axle sets and wald # 5170 replacements at my shop in Detroit as well as bare axles available.

Brian
313-884-BIKE

I'm slowly getting my Bicentennial Sting-Ray cleaned up and greased, and someone really manhandled the front axle and bearings. The axle has mangled threads and is bent, and someone broke one of the bearing cages.

Is this a standard part on Sting-Rays, one I could get at the local bike store? If not, any recommendations for where I could pick one up online? Thanks!

Aaron
Brian aka @detroitbike is a straight up, good dude. I recommend dealing with him for your bike needs.

Thanks...

I found a few spare parts in my stash that MIGHT work, but if they don't, I'll give you a call, Brian.

Back