When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1977 Peugeot A08 ( floor model = never ridden )

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

THOR

Look Ma, No Hands!
This 1977 Peugot A08 10-speed has NEVER been ridden. It was a floor model at an old bike shop I bought out.
It's 100% original, right down to the tires & tubes. NOTHING has been changed.
The original owners manual is still attached to the top tube.

The bike was buried in storage for years, so it is dirty & has some very light surface rust on rims.
I have not cleaned anything. I just wiped of a few spots on the rims & a little grease by the bottom bracket.
Everything will clean up AWESOME !!! The decals are perfect.
A little elbow grease on the frame & some 000 steel wool on the rims & this bike WILL SHINE !!!
There are nicks & scrapes from years of storage, but the paint & everything else is so strong you barely notice the blemishes.
The is one small slice in the back of the saddle.

It is the 21"(54cm) size. I can give you actual measurements if you'd like.

I am willing to ship this but would prefer pick up where I live on Long Island (NY).
The bike is $200
Shipping is extra. I have a Bike Flights account & have shipped many bikes over the years.

I can send plenty more photos & answer any questions, just let me know what you need.

P1050929_2.jpg

P1050930_2.jpg

P1050931_2.jpg

P1050932_2.jpg

P1050933_2.jpg

P1050936_2.jpg

P1050937_2.jpg

P1050935_2.jpg

1977_A08.jpg

Last edited:
Fascinating find. I love looking at the evolution of the UO-8, as the bike is still the same frame from the 'Bike Boom' years while the components have evolved bit by bit from the older specifications. Which, of course, would make the bike somewhat more difficult to restore, expecially that by this time the industry was in the 'Bike Bust' phase where the fad was over and you couldn't give a 10-speed away By this point, I'd long left AR Adams Cycle and was working in an iron foundry, because the shop couldn't afford to keep me on full-time anymore. Not enough business, and things didn't get better until the mountain bike arrived.

Definitely keep it in one piece. While not really valuable, it's a more unique bike than the earlier models (and, I've been restoring a '79 PX-10 for five years now, such is the joy of finding the proper components, which are quite different from the Bike Boom version). Pity the frame is a size too small for me.

yes cool bike I have 2 1969 Peugeot UE8 still in the box and that is where they will stay...Cheers GLWTS

Fascinating find. I love looking at the evolution of the UO-8, as the bike is still the same frame from the 'Bike Boom' years while the components have evolved bit by bit from the older specifications. Which, of course, would make the bike somewhat more difficult to restore, expecially that by this time the industry was in the 'Bike Bust' phase where the fad was over and you couldn't give a 10-speed away By this point, I'd long left AR Adams Cycle and was working in an iron foundry, because the shop couldn't afford to keep me on full-time anymore. Not enough business, and things didn't get better until the mountain bike arrived.

Definitely keep it in one piece. While not really valuable, it's a more unique bike than the earlier models (and, I've been restoring a '79 PX-10 for five years now, such is the joy of finding the proper components, which are quite different from the Bike Boom version). Pity the frame is a size too small for me.
Thanks for sharing. Glad you like it too.
I am a purist & have a way of attracting 100% original bikes that know I would NEVER part them out.
Been holding on to this one way too long. Time to let someone else enjoy !

-----

cycle appears to be model A08

model U08 has large flange quick release hubs and chrome plating on the fork

manufacturer catalogue page for the U.S. market model A08 of 1977

Peugeot%201977%20USA%20Brochure%20AO8.jpg

-----

Bingo !! That's it. Thanks. I didn't do a ton of research on it. I am not really a 10-speed kinda guy.

Back