When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978-1980 Redline Proline

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This spray-bombed Proline frame and fork just arrived at my Boston place. Can't verify the serial number yet, but the seat stays have two bends (post 1977) and the head tube is three discreet tubes welded together (pre mid 1979). Hence a 1978 or 1979 set.

Hopefully there's a decent amount of original finish beneath the spray bomb. I'll remove the latter and find out. Refinishing bikes isn't my thing, so I'll build it up regardless of original finish condition.

IMG_5801.JPG
IMG_5802.JPG
IMG_5803.JPG
IMG_5811.JPG

No, the head tube is 5". Haven't measured the fork tube, but it's > 5" and doesn't appear cut. Don't recall what factory length for fork tube was.

In first post I said this is a 78-79 frame. Could actually be a 1980. Three-piece head tubes continued into early 80. The frame is at my other house. When I get back there I'll check the serial number.

Back