1978 Schwinn Le Tour Mixte...Pearl Orange

• REMINDER: There is a 2-day bump rule for Classifieds forums. Please take a moment to review the rules by clicking HERE.

This ad disappears when logged in

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
Floral Park, NY, United States
To start off, 30lbs. is not "Light Weight", lol. But when I saw this bike on Craigslist, I knew I wanted it.

The woman I purchased it from last night was the second owner, buying the bike from a bike shop here on Long Island. Apparently the shop put on new tires for her (all the nubs are still on it), and possibly the newer black Schwinn rear rack. She said she only rode it a few times, and figured she'd wouldn't do much riding any more having twins recently.

Do I need a mixte? No. But many years ago I had a mens Le Tour in this beautiful color and wanted another Schwinn in this color. Frame size is 22'' (taller of the two offered), but still a bit short for my 6' frame to do any long rides even after I adjust the seat height. But the condition you see is as I picked it up. One of, if not the cleanest bikes, I've ever bought. This will be a joke detailing it. Everything spins freely so the shop did work on it. And all I can find is one chip out of the paint!

Panasonic made the frame, so it feels nice...at least for a short ride in freezing weather here on Long Island this morning. Brakes on a dime and shifts very smoothly. I can't wait to get this shined up!!!

Oh, BTW...where can you find one in this pristine condition...with a Schwinn rack...for a measly $50? Score!!

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
I found out that this model listed for quite a bit back in 1978...$180. Considering that was 40 years ago, a bit of a chunk of change for this type of bike.

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
Beautiful bike! Think that was pearlescent orange? I keep a Mixte set back for when I am older and struggle to straddle a men’s frame. Nice score Harpo.
Pearlescent Orange, yes. But the catalog page just shows Pearl Orange. Maybe the earlier years they used it?

1978 Schwinn LeTour. $180jpg.jpg

Mr.RED

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 17, 2017
Massachusetts
I've always been a huge fan of the 70's Scwhinn orange. I believed the Scwhinn Volare was also done in the same orange.

juvela

Finally riding a big boys bike
Aug 2, 2014
Playa del Rey, United States
-----

A most handsome Matsu&#!^a Don Federico!

Congratulations on the new arrival.

Great to see they did not forget the "lawyer clips" and accompanying message.

I too will put me vote in for enjoying very much this livery. :wink:

Noticed that beginning ~1974 there was a trend for a few years of cycles emanting from Nippon to come through with pearl and frost finishes. Find them pleasing although a bear to touch up...

BTW - here is a version of the song likely more familiar to speakers of the English tongue -

-----

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture