When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced 1978 Schwinn Stingray 3-Speed -Original Paint/Sky Blue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OLDTIMER

Finally riding a big boys bike
Up for sale is my 1978 Schwinn Stingray (August 1978). Purchased a year ago and never assembled, I have come to the point of over-saturation and need to let it go.
The bike is complete and in average-to-above average condition. The bike has been rode, definitely not abused and appears to have been kept inside when not in use.
Frame: Original paint in Sky Blue. Frame rust-free, straight and shows no signs of repair. I do not see any paint repairs nor touch-up. Paint exhibits typical, but slightly less than average chips/scratches. chain guard is intact and arrow-straight exhibiting a few minor paint chips.
Decal are intact with minor damage as a result of paint chipping.
Wheels: Schwinn non-stamped S-7 & S-2 rims.Schwinn Approved front hub/ Sturmey-Archer rear hub. Rim chrome in excellent condition with no rim dents nor curb rash, etc. All spokes intact.
Front tire is a Schwinn Westwind/Rear is a Schwinn Knobby. Both tires have wear, are aged and have some cracking along the rim flange area.
Fenders: Fenders were removed -dents rolled out. Chrome is excellent with typical cleaning scratches.
Additional chrome : Other chrome is dirty/tarnished and spotted. Obviously needs cleaning. Outcome unknown.
Seats and grips: Original grips with some slight end scuffing/overall nice condition. Seat is original with a small section of padding gone and a small less that 1" split in the seat towards the back. Seat post and rear seat frame are in good condition with typical wear - "Q" bolts present.
I am attaching a series of photos. Please ask any/all questions before purchase. This is a final sale item with no returns.
Sale and Shipping: This sale is limited to the 48 inland US States. No AK, HI not PR and nothing International.
The cost of shipping has increased and I do not trust the accuracy of online calculators. I am using the Fex-Ex online freight calculator as a guide. Any actual freight overages will be refunded; any additional freight fees will be requested prior to shipping.
Payment via PayPal Friends & Family only.
•••$350.00 plus shipping••••
If interested, please contact with any questions or concerns.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited: