When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 Schwinn Superior - $300 OBO

-
Price
$300 OBO
Zipcode

Neutronned

On Training Wheels

Original owner. Frame, fork and brakes are original and the frame looks to be 22” if I’ve measured correctly. Lots of component upgrades over time!
  • Shimano 105 front and rear derailleurs with 175 crank set
  • Shimano 11-28 8-speed cassette on the rear and Shimano SG 30-42-52 on the front
  • Joytech front hub with 700c Araya front rim
  • Shimano 105 rear hub with 700c Matrix Aurora rim
  • Continental Ultra GatorSkin 700x28 on both wheels.
  • T System 2 handbar, with Shimano RevoShift shifters and Shimano brake levers.
  • Nebula Plus bike seat and Zefal fenders.
Normal paint nicks but frame is in good condition. I had to grind off my SS# that I had engraved on the bottom bracket after I got it, but touched it up. If you would like to see something in particular, please let me know. Asking $500 or best offer. Location: Pella, Iowa. Shipping costs will depend on your location and preferred method.

IMG_0877.jpeg

IMG_0868.jpeg

IMG_0872.jpeg

IMG_0876.jpeg

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0873.jpeg

Note that the price has been reduced to $400. Please ignore the text in the description - apparently I can't edit the original write-up. Thank you!!

Price reduced to $300. If I'm still way off base, please let me know. It's tough to price used bikes when you can't find any comparable bikes.

Price reduced to $300. If I'm still way off base, please let me know. It's tough to price used bikes when you can't find any comparable bikes.

You will not find anything comparable, because that bike has been heavily modified from it original factory configuration.

Back