When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 Schwinn Superior bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree with you I guess only the people who were teens back in the 1960' and 70's seem to be interested in these bikes. I do not mean to offend anybody, but these modern bikes from the last 10-15 years look terrible. There is no symmetry. The top tube is not horizontal anymore the tubes are different diameters and who needs 18 or more gears. It took me 5 years to sell my 1982 Schwinn Voyager 11.8 to a guy who was only 25 years old, but he loved the bike. It was in excellent shape.
John.

I see you have the white version of the decals.
I haven't looked at it closely, but so far I don't see definite pattern as to which bikes got white and which got black.
I thought perhaps that the color of the bike determined the color of the decals, but that's not it.
Is it year dependent?
You have a nice bike there.
As you allude to above, I'm one of those who grew up in the sixties and am nostalgic about the Schwinn 10 speed bikes from that period.
In 1964 several of my friends from the neighborhood were getting 10 speed Varsities(one kid even got a '64 Continental with chromed fenders).
What I really wanted was a '64 Schwinn Sierra 15 speed. That was definitely not going to happen though.
Anyway...I'm still stuck on this type of bike. I have no need for the modern bikes.

I also grew up in the 1960's. In1962 or 63 my father took me to bike store to buy a bike, I wanted the 10 speed lightweight Schwinn's either Continental or Superior, but my father wanted to buy me a 3 speed English racer (as a kid you do not realize your father works hard for his pay and those other bikes were to expensive) Being stubborn I did not want the 3 speed and we did not get anything. That is why I really like the Superior.
John.

I agree with you I guess only the people who were teens back in the 1960' and 70's seem to be interested in these bikes. I do not mean to offend anybody, but these modern bikes from the last 10-15 years look terrible. There is no symmetry. The top tube is not horizontal anymore the tubes are different diameters and who needs 18 or more gears. It took me 5 years to sell my 1982 Schwinn Voyager 11.8 to a guy who was only 25 years old, but he loved the bike. It was in excellent shape.
John.
There are still some nice looking traditional lightweights being made. Waterford Cycles, of course, continues to carry on the Paramount tradition, building frames for their brand and I think Gunnar as well. Bilenky makes a nice bike. Thinking that’s what Biden gifted to Boris Johnson. Wilier in Italy makes their Superleggara with modern components, but it looks like it stepped out of the 70’s. I wouldn’t mind having one, but about EU$ 5k, ouch! I’ll just stay with my Le Tour Luxe.

Waterford also makes the frames for Shinola bikes of Detroit. They’re very nice,look high quality

Back