When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 3 speed coaster brake??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

70deluxe

On Training Wheels
image.png
image.png
Has anyone ever heard of this? I'm pretty sure this guy is a scammer or has been misinformed himself. I see the chainguard is from a 99 repop, pedals are fake, seat is a replica, and I see the rear rim isn't original Schwinn either although the hub may be. I'm pretty sure it's just a coaster frame with a 3 speed hub and a bunch of replica parts. Just wanna be sure before I call this guy out. I don't see anything wrong in restoring a 79 as a rider with replica parts and it does look nice but trying to sell it as some rare thing that never existed is dishonest and crooked and I believe something should be said. Especially with that price. Opinions please

image.png

It seems you have bad feelings about this bike already,I would just move along.

Last edited:
The bike is fine, actually it's pretty for a late 70's model. It's the guy selling it as some limited extremely rare model that never even actually existed that I have "bad feelings" about. Unless I'm wrong and it actually did exist. That's the purpose of the original post. Has anyone ever seen a 3 speed coaster?

I have the same rear hub assembly on a Collegiate 3. So it can be relaced to a earlier rim. I see it in the cataloges from 1979.
They are not real reliable in my opinion. The 3 little arch mechanism and the springs are easily broke. Must be made of cheap cast or something.

Back