When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Spitfire 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this one up last month. It had been on CL for 5 days before I saw it and I was a little shocked it was still there. These are pretty cool.

004 (Medium).JPG

006 (2) (Medium).JPG

007 (2) (Medium).JPG

That is one fine looking Spitfire. How many weeks or months between the serial number date and head badge date? And a nuther stupid question. Are the rims stamped? :D

Last edited:
Hey Gary

Must have fast tracked these. Serial is KQ Oct 79 and badge is Oct 15. Rims are not stamped. This had kind of a novel cable guide that I liked so I kept it. Looks like a speedo mount.

001 (Small).JPG

Well that info sure wasn't what I expected. That's only the second bike I can say I've seen that was built in the same month the serial number was stamped. The other one was a Cruiser 5 that Dave K had for sale a few years back on the SBF. The build date on his was at the end of the month. My Black Spitfire 5 has a 2+ month gap. So at the most, it took two work weeks to crank that one out. :eek: Is the paint cured yet? :D

My cruiser 5 has four months between serial number and head badge stamp.

That puppy didn't want to be born! lol ... Wonder if the SN stamped dropout sat at the bottom of the parts barrel and kept getting newer dropouts dumped on top of it.

Back