When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980’s Vintage Earth Cruiser Sand Jam Edition need replacement parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

melindamlatona

On Training Wheels
I just bought this beauty on a local online thrift. I want to fix it up for my daughter. I had the exact one as a kid. All original parts but would like some new pedals and new tires but must have the sand symbol on them. Not sure how this site works yet or how ppl get in touch with me…???

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a great find! I searched over 10 years to find the exact Smurf blue Earth Cruiser with the sand jam tires that I had as a kid.
I wish I had an easy source, but unfortunately they have stopped producing the seashell tires and those pedals. Parts do come up on eBay from time to time. I have also had luck on the BMX forum (got a set of timers and an "Earth Cruiser" seat). There appear to be people on this forum that have Sand Jam gear too.
Not sure where you are located, but complete Jamis cruisers seem to come up more frequently and for less $$ in the mid Atlantic and southeast. You might just buy a complete bike if it has good tires and pedals and do a swap. Good luck!

I just bought this beauty on a local online thrift. I want to fix it up for my daughter. I had the exact one as a kid. All original parts but would like some new pedals and new tires but must have the sand symbol on them. Not sure how this site works yet or how ppl get in touch with me…???

View attachment 1778622

View attachment 1778623

View attachment 1778624
Welcome to the forums!!!
Neat tires!! I hadn't seen that shell detail yet. I'm curious, are the tires damaged? From the pictures they don't look to be in terrible condition for being 40ish years old. May be worth it to just set those tires aside and replace them with Walmart tires to let the daughter ride and wear out.
Pedals might be something that can be taken apart and serviced if they don't spin so well any more.

Mostly I think you'll have to wait for replies to this thread for communication....at least until the moderators are convinced you're not a spam bot and they turn on your private messaging privileges.

Cool bike - I sold a ton of these in shops back in the day. I met Ron Jamis several times and he is a stand up guy and offered a great cruiser - check out their Boss Cruiser as well.

You can get the full length black foam and grip sets online - use a spritz of hair spray inside the foam for the install and they will slide on easy and after they dry they will stick in place.

Back