When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 20” cruiser info needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Danny the schwinn freak

cruisin on my ratty Schwinn straightbar
Hey guys, I recently bought a 1980 chestnut brown 20” Cruiser. The bike looks to be totally original to me, however the rear reflector bracket is at such a weird angle, it really looks funny. However, the reflector is straight up and down and doesn’t touch the tire. I just want to know if this seems correct to everyone or if it is obviously the wrong one. I know these bikes are kinda weird, so maybe that’s why the bracket looks weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone reading this knows a lot about these bikes, is there anything on it that isn’t correct? Thank you again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’m not positive but the bracket looks like the one for the 26” bikes. I think the bracket for these bikes had a different bend on it, and it sat higher off the tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not positive but the bracket looks like the one for the 26” bikes. I think the bracket for these bikes had a different bend on it, and it sat higher off the tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, I have a few of those, I’ll have to compare it to one. It just doesn’t look right tho, does it? Thanks Carlos.

@TheDXjedi I got this pic from Eddie a few days ago, I forgot all about it until just now. That one is totally different than mine. That’ll be a fun piece to try and find, ugh.

461F2797-AB4A-4D94-BF83-9A22F62A9627.jpeg

Looking at the OP's bracket I would say it's been rebent. And looking at the picture of the Blue Cruiser I can see why, interference with the seat if it's down low.

Also if anyone reading this knows a lot about these bikes, is there anything on it that isn’t correct? Thank you again.

Ya, the fork dart and color is wrong for a 1980 model. :p

Looking at the OP's bracket I would say it's been rebent. And looking at the picture of the Blue Cruiser I can see why, interference with the seat if it's down low.

Also if anyone reading this knows a lot about these bikes, is there anything on it that isn’t correct? Thank you again.

Ya, the fork dart and color is wrong for a 1980 model. :p
You think the fork dart and color is wrong on my chesntnitnbroen bike? It was actually built in 81 according to the headbadge.
image.jpg

Back