When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Schwinn Cruiser 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There is definitely a crowd that collects these bikes since they were Schwinn's last Chicago built Balloon models, plus they had heavy duty wheelsets. The last of the earlier Balloon Schwinns was the 1964 Wasp, then the reintroduction of Schwinn's ballooner was the 1977 Spitfire.

I purchased this near mint 81 Cruiser 5 for $150 and sold it for $375. I could have sold it for much more but I liked the kid that bought it.

Attachments

• 000_0087 (Large).JPG
    000_0087 (Large).JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 137
do you still have the bike for sale?

Unfortunately the bike is long gone. The bike was so clean I kinda regret selling it, it’s hard to find untouched original bikes that are in such nice original condition. Sold via my local CL to a person who happened to be a CABE member, not sure if she’s still on tho.

There is definitely a crowd that collects these bikes since they were Schwinn's last Chicago built Balloon models, plus they had heavy duty wheelsets. The last of the earlier Balloon Schwinns was the 1964 Wasp, then the reintroduction of Schwinn's ballooner was the 1977 Spitfire.

Actually, the "California Cruiser" was Schwinn's first balloon tire bike introduced in 76 before the Spitfire!

Back