When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Schwinn cruiser better investment than a Phantom?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Original owner and he doesn't even know what year his bike is. Pitiful. He's dreaming with his firm price too.

Perhaps in Marina Del Ray where it's listed, but I doubt that. Where I live that is a $300 Cruiser on a good day. As far as Phantom values it's all about originality and condition. That's like asking what a 57 Chevy is worth, you need more info and details. I don't think either one in the 90's or today should be bought as an investment. They certainly are not going to change anyone's life style.

I think you probably did ok if you bought an orig 57 chevy (vert hardtop nomad) at the going price in 93

I don't think either one in the 90's or today should be bought as an investment. They certainly are not going to change anyone's life style.

I was referring to a Phantom or Cruiser.

Its a toss up.I think both are just space takers.Of the more modern Schwinns I think the Klunker 5 is worth looking for.

Thanks to Repop parts and the anniversary Phantom....there are more Phantoms than ever littering the earth.
Good originals can still bring a decent dollar, and a restoration with NOS parts and not repop laden can bring
decent money. Sadly most Phantoms out there are cobbled together frankenbikes.

The Cruiser phenom is relatively recent... The blue bike in MDR is a permanent listing...bike will
most likely never sell. Seems like the Spitfires do better than the Cruiser ...and Klunker is
a rare one for sure... There are some fanatics into these bikes now.
I had one back in the day when they were current.
Condition is everything.

Back