When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8

-

Xlobsterman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
My latest restoration, and addition to my vintage Schwinn collection. 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8 in chrome. This was a pretty high end, and great riding bike back in the day. I owned this same bike 40 years ago, except it was black in color.

I had a black one too, later '80s. The aluminum rims were no match for Jersey potholes, I had to scrounge up some steel Varsity wheels. I'd got lazy, and wasn't locking it at school, someone took it.

I had a black one too, later '80s. The aluminum rims were no match for Jersey potholes, I had to scrounge up some steel Varsity wheels. I'd got lazy, and wasn't locking it at school, someone took it.

I had mine in 1980, had it for about a year. I had a few close calls with the idiot drivers on the streets of Southern California, then eventually sold it. Also, at that time I was more into riding Cruisers at the beach, and bombing down hills on my MTB, so the Voyageur got sold!

I got a great deal on this one, and it cleaned up great. So it will be more of a collectors piece, than a rider, since I still don't like to ride my bike on the roads with the vehicles. I have a Norco Bigfoot, and I like to ride the dirt trails when I ride now..........!

Back