When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Xlobsterman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
My latest restoration, and addition to my vintage Schwinn collection. 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8 in chrome. This was a pretty high end, and great riding bike back in the day. I owned this same bike 40 years ago, except it was black in color.

I had a black one too, later '80s. The aluminum rims were no match for Jersey potholes, I had to scrounge up some steel Varsity wheels. I'd got lazy, and wasn't locking it at school, someone took it.

I had a black one too, later '80s. The aluminum rims were no match for Jersey potholes, I had to scrounge up some steel Varsity wheels. I'd got lazy, and wasn't locking it at school, someone took it.

I had mine in 1980, had it for about a year. I had a few close calls with the idiot drivers on the streets of Southern California, then eventually sold it. Also, at that time I was more into riding Cruisers at the beach, and bombing down hills on my MTB, so the Voyageur got sold!

I got a great deal on this one, and it cleaned up great. So it will be more of a collectors piece, than a rider, since I still don't like to ride my bike on the roads with the vehicles. I have a Norco Bigfoot, and I like to ride the dirt trails when I ride now..........!

Back