When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 white schwinn cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What would be the difference between the spitfire and cruiser frames?

Just the year in the serial #, Spitfire 77,78 & 79 but sometime in 80 all frames came with the rear handbrake fender bridge ( not sure when they dropped the standard bridge ) and most special order colors I have had were 80's!, only 1 was 83.

It is the support on the rear cantilever stays behind the seat tube, and what most people refer to as a "Brake Bridge"

Here is a nice side by side pic, Im not sure what one I like better :)

So what is the latest into 80 they used the standard bridge? my AR ( Jan 80 ) has a standard and my March 80 had a brake bridge and I think all my HR's ( Aug ) have the brake bridge but never paid that close of attention?

%EF%BF%BD
1609721561276.jpeg

Last edited:
So what is the latest into 80 they used the standard bridge? my AR ( Jan 80 ) has a standard and I think all my HR's ( Aug ) have the brake bridge but never paid that close of attention?View attachment 1332367
View attachment 1332368

I would believe that Schwinn was just using up all the Spitfire frames on the early 80's Cruisers. The 1980 catalog pic actually shows the older style as well.

The klunkers,spitfires and cruisers thar have a fender mount are narrow at the seat stays like a middle weight.when they went to the brake mount the seat stays open up wider like an early balloon tire frame.

The klunkers,spitfires and cruisers thar have a fender mount are narrow at the seat stays like a middle weight.when they went to the brake mount the seat stays open up wider like an early balloon tire frame.

I knew the spitfires had the fender brace instead of the bridge. But that's what I was wondering if they were middle weights or ballooners.

Back