When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1980's Mountain Klein MTB $460 Plus Shipping

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
460 plus shipping
Zipcode

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
A fabulous 1980's (I have been told early 1988) Klein mountain bike I purchased here a couple months ago. I am letting it go because thereafter I bought a few other early mountain bikes that are going to take up my time, attention, and money. An original paint/decal frame with normal wear, tear, scratches as expected. It seems one wheel, stem, fork, seat post (cracked), and saddle are replacements. The front suspension fork is currently seized so you could ride it as a fixed fork or rebuild it. No pedals are included. In person the bike presents very well and would not take much to make it a STUNNER! Price is fixed as I am just trying to get out what I have in it (will be offered elsewhere at a higher number.) Please PM to purchase. Free shipping to Southern Calf./ Arizona in March or So. Colorado on my schedule with prepayment.

IMG_7874.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7876.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Brant, what are the components - derailleurs, hubs, rims, etc.? Also, what is the seat tube measurement (i.e. frame size) BB center to top of seat tube. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey Brant, what are the components - derailleurs, hubs, rims, etc.? Also, what is the seat tube measurement (i.e. frame size) BB center to top of seat tube. Thanks
Hi Alan,

The bike measures 20" from the BB center to top of seat tube, approx. 53 cm across the top bar. I will get you the component list in a moment.

Rear and front derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
Rear cassette: Shimano
Crank: Shimano
Front chain rings: Shimano Biopace II
Saddle: Selle Italia, not correct to bike but nice with some minor rub.
Seat clamp: Suntour
Thumb shifters: Shimano Deore XT
Rear brakes: Shimano Deore XT
Brake Levers: Shimano but mismatched colors.
Front rim: Ritchey Vantage Expert (replaced)
Rear rim: Araya ?
Front hub: Exage HB-RM50
Rear hub: I can't find a marking
Stem and bars: unknown but I have had a guy hounding me to buy them, maybe original?
Seat post: cracked, should be replaced: SR Laprade
Water bottle cage: unknown, metal
Tires: mismatched but decent, front WTB Moto Raptor, rear: unknown
Headset: Shimano
Fork: M-Sport (Easton tubing).

Back